New Zealand Young Wine Professional
Candidates must be currently working in the wine industry in New Zealand (cellar door, account manager, merchandiser, tasting host, sales consultant...).
Sunday 28 July 2019
9.30 - 11.00am | Written Exam and Blind Tasting
- Includes multi-choice and short answer
- Blind tasting of two New Zealand wines
10.30am Public Speaking Challenge (5 min)
- Candidates are assigned one question 24 hours prior the challenge.
- Candidates must explain clearly and eloquently their thoughts on the topic to the judges and audience.
11-12pm Meet John Szarbo MS
12-6pm NZ Sommeliers and Wine Professionals Wine Tasting and Masterclasses
1.30pm Three Finalist Announced
3.15 Final starts: Sales Pitch to encourage the purchase of a specific wine in a retail shop (5 min per candidate).
A list of four wines be announced 7 days before the competition. Candidates will select ONE of these wines to "sell" to the judges. The wines will be available on the day.
6pm AGM of New Zealand Sommeliers and Wine Professionals
7pm Awards Dinner at NZ School of Food and Wine
Terms & Conditions
- Must be currently employed for at least 12 months in cellar door sales, account manager, merchandiser, tasting host, sales consultant
- Must be currently working in New Zealand.
- Must a member of the New Zealand Sommeliers and Wine Professionals Association.
- Must Aged under 30 years on July 1st 2019.
Prize: Spend a day with Ben Longhurst, Wine Ambassador- EuroVintage
- Learn the art of building customer relationships, how to develop targeted sales strategy and attract and win new clients.
- Return flights to Auckland
- Travel before December 1 2019.
Ben Longhurst was awarded the Outstanding Sales Representative at the Lewisham Awards in 2016 and 2014 and is key-account manager, wine ambassador for EuroVintage. Raised in France, Ben has now lived in New Zealand for the past 15 years.
Please click here to register